Sunday 22 July 2007

The smile to an old man that made all the difference

Saturday 22th July 07
Bethany nursing home, BB Cares....

-
teaching songs of hokkien to the juinors to spread the joy and love that Christ brings...
-
having to set an example for the juinors, I cast away my fears of interacting with the old folk
-
to see the mute old man lying in bed... and requesting for singing... and my guitar,
-
and me not knowing what to sing, sang some rubbish =(singing n tongues? i dunno) yet the man wanted more, Gan xie Gan Xie Ye Su zhai wo xing (thank You Jesus for being in my heart), and the smile on his face, along with the smile on the man in the next bed...
-
and Dennis, zhin zhia hou , lai xing Ya Shou zhin zhia hou, and the joy.....
-
these people have nothing... sick... bedridden, simply waiting to die....
-
yet the Joy, the love of Christ, is so real to them... and it is all they have...
-
Why cant we , why cant I simply be satisfied by His Love? and feel his love so real in my life
-
like Jesus once said, "it is easier for a camel to enter the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the kingdom of God"....
-
when the world has so much to entice one, we find it difficult to give them up, and simply, just like Mary of Bethany(an interesting connection, church sermon today) sit at the feet of Jesus and simply listen.. to be close to Him.
-


-
and the final toothless person , I couldnt understand ".. er, jiu, qi, ling, pa, er.."?
but all i did was smile and try my best to listen... and the end of it all, Steven tells me the rest have gone down... I simply gave my hand and gripped his hand... and gave Him a smile...
-
and He returned it, the smile on his old wrinkled face.... before lying back down, waiting for the day and time to die...
-


While this smile may not necessarily have the same effect of other smiles
but it was something to be treasured...
-

Hope which was lost, now stands renewed...
The Love of Christ, the Savior King... (church today)

-
this week end has been an eye opener for me, friday and saturday,
-
stalking the 3 smokers on friday to see a even bigger group of people, talking, hurling vulgarities at each other, the punk hairstyles, tatoos,.... how many do not know Christ ? to my knowledge most people who don such outward appearances are empty inside... the outside image is just a mask to hide the weak inside...
-
The Evangelism... which i posted in the previous post...the marching... the sizing up ... the marching in a muddy field...the weather not making up its mind ... the wah chee with Evelyn Tim Dan, which before that , abandoning Evelyn with our bags at the traffic light to stalk the smokers.
-
and God has shown me a lot...
-
yet the old familar loneliness threatens to invade once again ....
while I ward it off with the assurance of God's faithfuness and love.....
-
Give me strenght for each day...

No comments:

Post a Comment