Monday 8 September 2008

vista is one piece of JUNK

after 1 night of compressing all my files and trying to squeeze as much space as I can to fulfil the "2gb" requirement  to update to windows Sp1
-
and after 3 hours of trying to update Windows vista bootcamp to Sp1
I get this message, stuck on my screen for like 30 minutes:
-
and after which when i rebooted the machine, I got this:

see the tiny words above/\

-
like... What The Fish
(minced oath...)
-
I PAID for the darn windows and they tell me its not genuine... 
!!!
-
WGA false positives are DUMB...(luckily, after another reboot everything worked out fine...)

I compare this to the updating of leopard versions: 10.5.0(aka sp0) to 10.5.1 ->10.5.2 -> 10.5.4
-
its simply  takes a few minutes, and works fine
-
Or even upgrading a older gen Macbook form Tiger to Leopard... the install just takes about 1-2 hours, and after which the computer works fine...
-
zzz
-

on another note, I was installing it over a Vmware bootcamp VM (as i kinda didn't want to lose 3 hours of productivity on my mac)
-
maybe I'll try native install and see if they still give me this crap...
-
Update: native install apparently is significantly faster... and I didnt get the problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment