Monday 22 September 2008

food for thought

Rejoice, young man, while you are young, and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth. Follow the inclination of your heart and the desire of your eyes, but know that for all these things God will bring you into judgement.
(Ecc 11:9)

while yes... I’ve believed that one of the central messages that Christ teaches, is the denying of one self
-
yet this verse still sticks out
-
so what could it mean
.
Perhaps, it could mean a few things
-
1. Stay happy, and rejoice in the Lord while you can
-
2. Chasing after ones own desires and hopes is not inherently wrong per se,
In fact , sometimes God plant such stuff in our minds and head, so that in these things we may glorify him
However, we need to align our desires to the will of God, and these desires should be Godly in nature
-
and should God choose to ask for surrender... go ahead... and trust in Him...
-

Its starting to freak me out a fair bit... this consistent observations of my habits and idiosyncrasies
-
on the basis that i have nothing... I just let it be
-
but its getting a little freaky, i must say...
-
sighz...

And I don’t like being ignored either
-
Not like it means anything... there are a lot of other plausible reasons
I wish everything could just be open...
-
And I quote:
“you know who you are...”
-
ah well....
x.x

On the other hand FB is quite useful in trying to find old friends from primary school
haha...
-
a lot of funny, weird, but memorable memories
-
From getting my teeth knocked out and the lot
haha...
I miss those days...

No comments:

Post a Comment