Tuesday 9 September 2008

Coping Mechanisms

Paddy Clarke is an awesome book ha ha ha (get the pun?)
-
we see how he tries to cope with the harsh reality
-
uttering random facts
-
juxtaposing F*** off with details of the parents fights
-
flooding his head with stuff
-

as for me
-
sticking around with friends
-
flooding my head with mugging (yay that works quite well)
-
and throwing the balls at each other... so cool
something like:
"I wanted my da to win,.... no i wanted my ma to win..."(Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha)
-

I wonder... mentoring is not easy... and I think I might have failed, like many of us who were entrusted with that task earlier on...
-
and as someone mentioned before... there is always the problem when one tries to mentor someone else that is not exactly the same as you in terms of gender... there is a limit to how much you can confide in a person before intruding into dangerous territory
-
haha

worship, so much hype over it
-
but like what many have said... its more impt to live a life of worship , not to simply sing songs
-
and even when we lead songs, the objective , is always to bring people to draw closer to God
-
not just for the emotional experience...
-
the very essence of music, is emotion... God made it that way...
-
Worship is about sacrifice... it is about surrendering the things in life that mean dear to us, and telling God, He is more important than all that... 
-
yes... even the whole 'BGR' issue that plagued so many of us.
God loves us, and that love is so much more real, more substantial than what another human being can give us.
-
if you ever said you wanted to live your life for Christ... be prepared to give up a lot... but it will be worth it in the end...
-

I wont have much time left in the school, but it is my prayer that
-
1. FireAC will continue to do the will of God and bring more people to Him
2. The people I left behind... those who have accepted Christ will hold fast to the faith
3. The other people will come to know Christ... esp the choir people whom I'd got to know over the years... esp. the new choir president who likes to don hats and dance =p
4. The Y5s I've got to know this year, esp the FireAC people, will grow in Christ and always stay united.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment