Friday 7 November 2008

unfailing love...

remember, you’re not allowed to discuss the contents of the paper for the next 24 hours...
-
therefore... i shall keep mum about math...


its at times like these....
when I am constantly reminded
-
of a God, who so loved the world
not for what good we were worth
but all for love...
-
that He chose to became man
and died for us
that we may know Him
-
the supreme sacrifice...
yet there are so many
who reject this gift of love
-
I wonder... how does God feel at such blatant unrequitment of love...
-


I learnt that
Love is never without choice
and
Love is never without sacrifice or commitment.
-
Godly love in the bible is said to be agape... needless to say there is the famous chapter 13 of the 1st Epistle to the Corinthians, which gives us a lengthy description of what love is
-
Love is patient
Love is kind
it is not self seeking...
-


I learnt that
even the most God-fearing person
if you approach for Godly counsel
without first asking of God...
-
will at most give good advice... not discern God’s will for you.
unless he prays with you, and is inspired by the Holy Spirit
because, to discern God’s will, there is a need to “seek, and you will find,”(Matt 7:7)(Deut 4:29)
-


with regard to green light
many a time
God calls those who are willing to respond
-
hence
many a time, He actually gives us a choice...
if we truly desire to serve Him in a particular ministry
and He does not close doors or clearly show a red light(as in the case of David in 2 Sam ) in a sense
-
Go in faith and trust that He will take care...


I made a choice, that was not done purely out of rashness or emotions
-
although many a time I feel rather like a fool for sacrificing and giving so much of myself to it
-
and many a times I feel disappointed and hurt...
-
but since... this is where God wants to lead me, for now
whether or not it turns out the way I would want it to be
-
I will go in faith and trust...


on a afterthought
it seems that while stubbornness and determination actually mean almost the same thing(if you exclude the connotations)
-
while determination gets you somewhere
stubbornness gets you nowhere
-
lets hope I know what I’m doing...
-


anyway today I ate the first ever bowl of ban mian in my life (lol)
-
normally I’ll stick to you mian, but it doesn’t matter anyway haha...
not like i was very hungry, and I really didn’t know what to eat at first...

No comments:

Post a Comment