Thursday 3 July 2008

doublethink

after examinations, decided to do a bit of reading... chanced upon Zhuo'er's blog... 1984, which got me interested...
managed to procure a pdf version of the text online(public domain)
-
at any rate... it is strangely disturbing... while Zhuo'er pointed out the stripping of the essence of a number of things from what they encompass, like sex without love(or pleasure), family without love, which, in a sense, is already found its way into the depraved society we live in, although the 'sex' part would probably relate more to Huxley's "A brave new world" (which i managed to get also, but havn't started reading)
-
but i found the more disturbing things... like the juxtaposition of sexuality with ideology, 
-
and Descarte's statement, made famous by ToK – Cogito ergo sum
: I think, therefore I am
-
a dissolution of reality, everything is in the mind, there is no reality
-
Doublethink: since everything is in the mind, lies can be truth, and truth can be lies
the concept of reconciling contradicting lies and shaping it to become true
-

"are you trying to mean I like her?, well I don't, and I never did, I only pretended I liked her..."
lies... lies... lies...
where is sincerity in all these? sigh... 
-
Romans 12:9(NIV)
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

Ministry of Fire
-
Minifire?
is that what we have become?

No comments:

Post a Comment