Sunday 20 July 2008

A Letter of Complaint

SMRT feedback form on a rather horrible experience I had this morning while taking 963 to church. 

http://www.smrt.com.sg/contact_us/contact_us.asp

Enquiry : Feedback relating to Bus
From 
(Last Name) : ***

(First Name): ***

Email: ***

Contact number : ***

Subject: Complain against inappropriate behaviour of bus captain


Please provide us more information

Boarding Point: Upp Bukit Timah Rd - Bef Hazel Pk Terrace, Stop Number:4311

Alighting Point: Telok Blangah Rd - Bef Christian Comm Chapel, Stop Number: 14159

Bus Registration Plate TIB1143Y

Service no. 963

Date 20th July 2008

Time 10:40am

Ez Link Card no. ***

Message:
-
I would like to complain against the behaviour of the bus captain towards me while I was on the bus. A few stops after I boarded the bus, the bus captain stopped the bus at the stop: "Hillview Ave - Hillview Hts, Stop Number: 43267" approached me , and very loudly scolded me in mandarin and demanded that I not obstruct the aisle with my legs, or he would throw me out of the bus. I complied, but the manner in which he conveyed the message was completely uncalled for, I decided to take down the bus registration number. He then became very agitated and shouted at me again, before returning to the driver seat and refusing to start the bus for about 5 minutes. I then had to approach him and request that he start the bus. He then demanded to know why I scolded him, when I had not. I replied that I did not scold him, but he in fact had been the one who had been scolding me.
-
At the next stop, he again stopped the bus, approached me, demanded to know whether i was a student, and insisted that I surrender my student pass to him. I eventually did, at this point, a extremely agitated commuter approached him and shouted at him demanding that he start the bus and stop wasting time.
-
I am very appalled by the behaviour of the bus captain. I believe that as a commuter I have a right to be treated with respect, and the way I was treated by the bus captain certainly was disgraceful. While the bus captain has a right to request that I not obstruct the aisle, shouting at me was not necessary. Additionally his subsequent behaviour of refusing to start the bus was totally inappropriate as he caused inconvenience to a large number of commuters, as he wasted the time of the commuters.
-
I sincerely hope that this case is an isolated incident and will not repeat itself. I believe in good faith that SMRT will look into the matter and take appropriate action against the bus captain

-
Either way I'm not going to bother retelling the story, you can just look at the feedback form to get an idea.
-
but after that I met Keng Liang on the next stop and i told him a little bit about the incident, and he got his details from his gf who was at the back of the bus. at any rate he agreed that is was rather uncalled for.
-
not like i was doing a "eating on the mrt" stunt that one of my friends did and got murdered by the school.
-

oh well this certainly ruined my day.
-

at any rate, i got this immediately mailed to my email:
Thank you for your email
-
Thank you for dropping us a line. We will look into your feedback and get
back to you.

For more information on our services and initiatives, please visit
www.smrt.com.sg


Yours Sincerely,
Customer Relations Centre
SMRT Corporation Ltd

Tel: 1800 336 8900

For items lost and found on:                    For feedback on:
SMRT Trains,call:       6767 3300                       SMRT Trains, call:      1800 336 8900
SMRT Buses,call:        1800 336 8900           SMRT Buses, call:               1800 3368900
SMRT Taxis,call:        6555 8888                       SMRT Taxis, call:               6555 8888

This is a computer-generated message. Please do not reply to this message.

-
-
talk about retardedness
-
oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment