Monday 28 July 2008

Cost

"...I consider them rubbish that I may gain Christ and be found in Him..."(Philippians 3:8-9)
-
I remember the vision the ministry, to stir up revival, at the cost of EVERYTHING, grades, successes, emotions...
-
and the thoughts that come which are to be put to death...
-

more than a year later, i look back.... I have lost a lot, not because of service, not because of i did something to contribute...
-
but because of circumstances beyond my control, and because of some wrong choices i made
-
not like I was not expecting that... but I cannot be too bitter about it...
-
I realise what has been making me so tired... is the fact that I have to consistently deny myself, my thoughts, my pride, my emotions... anything that does not glorify God
-
and its really tiring....
-
and yet I have yet to see something spectacular happen yet, if it does come, it would be worth it all...
-
"...The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away.
Blessed be the name of the LORD...."(Job 1 : 21)
-
In the end when all is said and done, it does not matter... nothing matters , except that I am loved by God... even when insults are hurled at me, even if what i do goes unappreciated, even if I'm not given any respect whatsoever...
-
I have a feeling, I still have more to lose...
but God, will I have something for once, that it may glorify Your name...?
-
"For My ways are not your ways, and My thoughts are not yours"(Isaiah 55:8)
-
"...plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future..."(Jeremiah 29 :11)

but again.. sometimes I just want to heck everything , throw restrain to the wind, and rebel against the constraints I put up myself, think the way I want to think, do the way I want to do...
-
"No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."(Luke 9:62)
-

No comments:

Post a Comment