Thursday 22 November 2007

Lamentations

In moments of utmost grief and suffering, in the bible, and you see how, even through the pain... there is still this declaration of faith:
-
The Steadfast Love of the LORD never ceases, 
His mercies never come to an end, 
they are new every morning, 
great is Your faithfulness.
"The Lord is my portion" says my soul
"therefore I will hope in Him"
(Lamentations 3: 22-24)(NRSV)
-
and beyond that:
"the LORD is good to those who wait for Him,
to the soul that seeks Him"
(Lamentations 3:25)(NRSV)
-

why does the Lord allow us to be tested and to be troubled.... to suffer?
-
I realised... so many times, like a sheep gone astray,... stumbling and losing my way....
and God allows stuff to happen to us
yet in such circumtances, we clinge on to Him more
-
Though we may not understand
Why some things may happen to us
Still we learn to have faith
and we continue to praise
-
I called on Your name O LORD,
From the depths of the pit;
You heard my plea,"Do not close Your ear to my  cry for help, but give me relief
You came near when I called on You, 
You said "Do not fear"
You have taken up my cause, O LORD,
You have redeemed  my life.
(Lamentations 3:55-58)(NRSV)
-
and a fact that God does afflict us, it not some happy, prosperity Gospel, which is a LIE, 
-
But God even though He may give us suffering, yet, He gives us the strenght to move on, the grace to pick us up, and carry us through the tough times...
-
there are so many times this few weeks when I felt so confused, so lost...
-
there are times when I realised I compromised the time spent with God... and felt so dry after that....
-
yet God is faithful... this I believe... and  God knows what is best....
-
so help me surrender my heart, my will into Your hands...
-

No comments:

Post a Comment