Saturday 17 November 2012

Whatever it takes

love is:


" a form of mental illness not yet recognized in any of the standard diagnostic manuals."


- Stuart Sutherland, Psychologist, 1989




it’s something I wish and hope remains special, and it’s not just about feelings, emotions,


it’s not just about reciprocation, because if all someone cares about is getting something back in return, it isn’t real.


it’s about showing what it means to love, not just in what you say…




with that being said, I believe love has it’s proper place and time…


I can’t say I love a person in that sense, unless I really know the person, and appreciate who she is in all the imperfections and shortcomings that make her who she is.


Otherwise I’m merely blind, stupid or insane. No one is perfect, but we are made perfect through love(1 John 4:18)




if you’re reading this, and you know who I’m thinking of, or maybe you don’t


but I remember that:


“We love because He first loved us” 1 John 4:19


and we don’t deserve God’s love, but He still gives it to us anyway…




Vicki randomly asked me what traffic light status I was today. Pretty obvious I never had anyone else before…


but I wonder whether it’s as obvious as some people have pointed out…


sigh. I feel like I’m repressing a lot of what I’d like to say and feel,


because I don’t want to say the things you don’t want to hear…


Maybe I should talk to someone else about it…

No comments:

Post a Comment