Tuesday 20 November 2012

Regression, Repression, Depression...

today, or rather yesterday was bizzare


-


I’m kinda at a loss to describe how I felt, but it was a bit surreal.


but I really enjoy studying with other people much more than studying alone…




The whole idea of repression is interesting. We can force our thoughts and feelings away down into out unconscious mind, but it’s very, VERY difficult to repress one’s body language. Like I read some study/stories that individuals with Wernicke’s Aphasia (who couldn’t understand words) were able to detect if individuals were lying solely based on their facial expressions and body language, and surprisingly were much more adept at detecting lies than regular individuals (p<0.05)


Okay, the 'p< 0.05' wasn't necessary, but considering I've been helping all sorts of different people with their stats the last few days, not surprising it popped up.


-


But unconsciously or otherwise I found myself in a really weird seating posture a few times. After that I readjusted myself, but it still came back. Daheck lol. silly brain.




And I think there’s one more thing I’m supposedly good at (besides stats), which is to make people ‘feel bad’. I mean if I don’t really mind going all out for another person, it’s my choice, and I guess the other individual doesn’t need to feel obliged to reciprocate? I don’t really know actually… but I always believed that we should not just repay a good deed, but pass it on to others. It makes the world a happier place(:




I guess, the way things are, it is so much a normal part of the human development. Emotions are really what defines the human experience(okay I know they replicated ‘depression’ in rats, but whatever). And rather than fight against it, we should just enjoy it as it comes(:


I guess, just leave it as it is (:

No comments:

Post a Comment