Monday 12 May 2008

Dream a little dream of me

heh
-
today was baaad.... decided to sleep first at 9 and wake up later to do work cause i was so tired on Sunday , and ended up oversleeping today
-
Saturday - video production/clicking for Youth service, lol met Ng Zhi Guang and Yang Jian's brother(who commented something about me being professional in the way i did stuff lol)
then rushed over to Zhi Guang's house for PPP(post primers program/potluck)
-
DotA-ing until 1140 lol
-
went home and SLEPT at 1- 7
woke up for church
clicking/video/lights for first service(nuts sia, running around like a crazy chicken)
-
Clicking for second service
-
shopping at vivo for a bit
-
went home around 6
-
dinner
-
Ignore the next part if you don't understand it(some technical geek nonsense)
Continued working on the Boot camp set up, Wheew
-
Finally settled all the issues, including iTunes library sharing,Windows Media Center syncing(Managed to get all my AAC files to work =) using a combination of Orban/coding technologies aac/aacPlus decoder, and WMP tag support plugin.
Haha about the only thing about windows that actually beats apple front row hands down. 
-
WGA activation issues (OEM license ) had some issues due to the crapped up M$ anti-piracy nonsense detected my Bootcamp VM as a different machine, Office 07 (Again the stupid OGA nonsense ,I used up all my licenses already,although my comp crashed so I literally wasted a license =(
(luckily I found a reliable by-pass)
-
FYI W/O GA refers to Windows/Office genuine advantage,
And no, it doesn't give you any advantages of that sort,  its just the annoying thing that behaves like spyware and inform MS if you've installed an unauthorised version of Office/ windows, which is quite cocked up, esp if you've reformatted/changed the comp etc. doesnt has a de-authorisation function either, so unlike adobe apps, which you can transfer a license when one changes computer.
Rather than being an anti-piracy measure it is more of an annoyance to all users, software pirates or not, since software pirates can always figure out a bypass method/crack, and legal owners of the licenses get exposed to this kind of crap.
!@#$%  this Genunine (dis)Advantage thing, it only serves to Diss ppl off... in short, GA(h)
-
and CS !!! haha
playing CS with a trackpad is fun 
-
eitherways it took
1. 24 hour download to get the DVD files from the MS distribution site (since the OEM version I got from my compaq doesn't give one a dvd(only a crapped up Recovery disc chock full of bloat), which was damn annoying, since I couldn't repair my comp myself when the OS got corrupted.
-
2. 1 hour compiling it into an install DVD
-
3. And another 2 more days of installing and reinstalling vista ( and Boot Camp assistant failed. Had to use disc Utility when booted into DVD to manually create 2 partitions, run the Bootcamp manager in OSX, install Vista , reboot into OSX DVD disc Utility  to create another FAT32 partiton to allow interaction between the vista partition and OSX, which took me a long time to figure out, especially with the number of kernel panics Boot Camp assistant caused, as well as corrupting the HD, so I had to run the a heck lot of fsck-s on my disc to repair it.
-
oh yah for those you dont know, fsck stands for File System ChecK, which is the linux/unix of DOS/NT's scan disk check.
not some obscene word. 
-
3. and yet another 2 days to set up the programs, including the itunes library syncing, WMC, and all the GA(h) activation crap 
pff, as i type this,  GA complains again
decided to enable graphics acceleration, but GA didn't like it and wanted me to reactivate. tried to internet activate but apparently Vmware tools blocked the activation server. So I had to use phone activation, repeating 9 sets of 6 digits to some retarded auto-answer machine and receive back another 9 sets 
Boo...
-
wheew...
not what.. lol 
maybe Ubuntu Linux... but again, don't really see the point, Mac OSX already can do all that linux can do and more
sorry if you'll not a tech geek, but anyway links are for people interested in doing that, and chancing upon my blog after a random Google search
-

 
eitherways was really tired, went to sleep until 130, woke up by alarm to do bio prac, but continued sleeping...
-
zzz had another weird dream.... this time in the choir room(it looked like the KBL?) and apparently there was some random BB HQ event(in the KBL???!?), there was something to do with A.E.F., and bleah. I guess it was after the Zhi Guang house thing that lead me to thing about such stuff, but haiz....

"where is Jalan Naga Sari?"(me)
checks road directory finds it,
-
"Vanda Road...,"(Mum) ( just before we turn into the Jalan Naga Sari road)
-
eh... seesh lah grrr... dunno why my mum has the knack of saying weird things in the middle of nowhere that actually have a connotation or link within it... like saying someone's name when she joked to me about some r/s stuff the other time.(and I happened to be thinking about the same it at that moment of time.
-
hmm what if ... , considering how a lot of people actually read my blog (evident form the bio class incident which i will mention further down)
-
nmind lah.. its just i need a bit of time to put to death that part of me... yeah... i really dunno how to say it... its just... well... if its the right and best choice, I'll just swallow the bitter pill and move on...

-
it was a nice dream, but the kind of dream that makes one sad after one wakes up.... haiz
along with being stressed out because i was LATE
-
wish... i dunno maybe its me, or is it i never get to talk with the people i want to talk to now a-days? would like to make a comment about stuff, but nmind i guess... too troublesome to PW protect a post like this 
-
was late, but i managed to bypass prefects and councillors to my locker, dump my bag there, and go to the audi without being stopped.
-
sitting between Chin Seow Moy and Shawn Wong, around near Petrina
-
dunno lah...
i remember Zhe Xian's comment sometime ago... and my response to him
-
then we have SL1 geog, and Bio lesson
-
"eh Emil do you have a blog?"(Mdm Yong)
-
"er yah"(me)
-
*the whole class sniggers(evident that something is wrong with the public-ness of my blog)
-
"I didn't write anything offensive"(me)
-
"no lah I was just a little bit surprised to see something about Evelyn and me, nothing offensive"(Mdm Yong)
-
she was probably referring to this post.
-
lol
-
rugby finals A div
-
some siao Fat guy messing around
-
playing MAME with Martin behind a "our glorious dead" war memorial instead of cheering
-
laugh and smile 
weep and frown
thorns and crowns
silence and sound
-
 in all... God can be found

MRT ride back with john , Petrina, Amanda
(decided not to take bus in the end)
-
John you're a retard...
nice "I though you knew already?"
I wasn't supposed to know anyway, it was more of a "rumour" kind of thing which i picked up
-
oh well
really long post
hope you don't get bored with my raving and ranting.

No comments:

Post a Comment