Friday 18 February 2011

Poison

what are the 2 things the world values the most?
-
money, relationships
-
yet Jesus tells us that unless we ‘hate’ these things, we cannot be His disciple


the first poison:
-
love of money has always been one of the many reasons why christians fall away. How many times have we heard about people who’ve “ wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.” from that (1 Tim 6:10)
-


the second poison
-
again, relationships, as God meant it, was supposed to be the most beautiful and sacred gift He had. We know about how the love between a married couple is meant to symbolically portray the love of Christ for the church
-
but we’ve seen how relationships have destroyed the spiritual lives of many... as Paul warns about not being unequally yoked with unbelievers...
-


Money has never been a big deal for me... I never saw the value of having excess...
-
Relationships somehow though, have always been a place of intrigue and desire for me...
I desire a Godly person who could support me in my spiritual walk with God, who can be there for me, and yeah...
-
I’ve been through enough to know that unrequited feelings for another person is painful and traumatic...
-
and I’ve seen how its possible that a little gossip and hearsay can destroy a perfectly healthy friendship...


it comes to a point like this
-
I cannot carry the baggage of the past into the future , wherever God chooses to send me
-
I don’t want to be presumptuous and think I know who God intends for me
-
but honestly speaking, need I even need to worry about it? nothing much would make a difference if God has a purpose and intention for my life...
-
and I need to learn faith, patience in waiting, hoping in Christ
-
and to learn to trust and love Him more, and in and above everything...

No comments:

Post a Comment