Thursday 3 February 2011

Humility

One aspect about the ministry of Jesus is this, while He was on earth, He never went about declaring that He was a King.
He was a humble servant leader, who could approach John the Baptist to be baptised... who could wash his disciple’s feet like a servant


in the same way

in church ministry

even if I know I’m good at something

and I know how to do it right

head knowledge wise

it still means I need to learn to submit to the decisions of others whom I may view as less effective

it still means even if I’ve been a mentor and leader in ministry elsewhere

I still need to start from ground zero, and cannot carry over my experiences like a CV

I still need to place myself under the mentorship of other people even if I feel that I am capable of mentoring other people as well...





I wonder, how does that translate when I assume the job of youth intern in church? When I need to lead and plan a number of programmes?

Does it translate to people putting trust and credibility in me simply because I’ve been given the responsibility and mandate?

which is why... it is so difficult when one transits from being a leader in another ministry before moving on to the next season that God’s calls ....

No comments:

Post a Comment