Wednesday 2 February 2011

Curriculum vitae

Sometimes I wonder if I was do what paul calls foolish boasting(2 Cor 11)...

but anyway disclaimer... I shall allow myself to ‘secularise’ my service to God for this blog post...
at no point of time should that reflect the view of a humble christian (:




Name: Emil Ng
Date of salvation: Apr 2002

Ministry experience:
Experienced worship leader who has led worship in countless different occasions since October 2005. Lead in both band and solo settings, also in impromptu and prepared settings. Provided daily worship services for morning school revival ministry for 2 years. Lead with various instruments, including guitar, electric, keyboard, and no instrument. Led various prayer meetings and groups in worship, both locally and overseas.

Did various mission trips to Thailand where I gave classes to thai children as well as organised various outreach programmes

Boys’ Brigade Officer and student leader who mentored and guided various youth in their christian walk.

Bible knowledge:
Attended alpha course in Jan 2005. Read the whole bible once through following that around december. Underwent intensive BB bible study programme with in-depth book study of the word since 2007.



its easy for me to say:
“I probably might have ‘more bible knowledge’, ‘more experience in worship ministry(not in regard to technical skill)’ than a number of people who serve in church as leaders”

But thats never the point of christian ministry... the point of christian ministry is to have a humble and contrite heart, willing to serve where God calls you, willing to submit to authority (which include leaders in church).



But I begin to wonder, if so, what if I want to contribute positively to the growth of a ministry directly...

God I am willing... send me... if it is Your will...



being allowed by Glenn to lead was something... I thought it would be a step in fulfilling my calling as a worship leader
(which I told the ministry leader many time long ago, but no action)
-
I decided to work with Grace Star... I saw the need, and I was willing to do anything... even if it meant doing something which not many of the other leaders and musicians I know would not be willing to do...
-
well, see how... In Your time...

No comments:

Post a Comment