Sunday 13 February 2011

Beauty

Beauty is of the inside, not so much the outside
-
I’ve seen people change, they look better outside, but inside they also change, they become more worldly, they no longer are the same people I love and care for
-
and that, is the change that matters, not so much on how they change the way they treat me, but really the character and person they are
-


have I asked myself the reason why the change? yes I have
-
but I dont really care about the treatment so much, its really more of the change inside that makes me sad
-
foolishly I try to compromise my values and expectations,
but I cant keep doing it
and I shouldn’t
-
even if the person outside is more beautiful than when I first knew
I rather the person grows inside,


-
talking with an old primary school friend of mine today really helped a lot
-
She asked me these 2 questions:
‘how sure you are that she’s the one?’
‘what is so special about her?’
-
“she’s different, not like the other girls I know who cared more about external appearance, someone who is godly, mature and good natured’
-
but as I look at everything... that was long ago... things have changed,
-
I rather be with a person who wont drink anything other than root beer,
than be with a person who is worldly, who desires to be involved in a council of drunkenness and sin
-
I don’t want to compromise my morals anymore...


and finally:
-
‘its not so much our business to question and insist on finding out what is God’s plan for us, its really more of our job to trust in Him that He is in control, and follow and discern’

No comments:

Post a Comment