Sunday 14 October 2007

Unrequited love

you realised that a number of peoples blogs have touched upon this touchy issue on BGR relationships and love, and I guess, its been "hot" topic for many of us, in Y5 after 4 years( some 10 years) of being stuck in the monastery of ACS.
-
I guess I could finally do mine, but on a more specific issue, in a sense I wont be talking from a perspective of only 1 side of it, but both sides
-


Unrequited love, what is it?

we look at wikipedia's defination:
-
Unrequited love is love that is not reciprocated, even though reciprocation is usually deeply desired. This can lead to feelings such as depression, low self-esteem, anxiety, and mood swings such as swift changes between depression and euphoria.

-
the issue to note for this is, that love cannot be forced, the cliche chinese drama serial quote:
感情的事是不可以勉强的
-
even God cannot force us to love Him, because love is a choice, if we had no choice , we cannot love
-
so you wonder, when a person makes a choice to love another, yet the other does not want to , what would it be for both him and her?
-
of course the "lover" would be depressed, sad, emo, some even to the extent of suicidal, many would ask the question to God, "why did you allow such emotions to stir up in me?"
because while love is a choice, love is also a very strong emotion, song of songs puts it nicely:
"Place me like a seal over your heart,
like a seal on your arm;
for love is as strong as death,
its jealousy unyielding as the grave.
It burns like blazing fire,
like a mighty flame."(song of songs 8:6)

-


but for the other party what is it like?
-


I remember last year, June, Khon Kaen, me and kenneth taking this group for English camp
-
And kenneth set me up, and some how manage to get 2 of the girls to.... erm...
oh no
nice making kenneth's pig kissing me
-
nice shoving food on my plate during meal times
-
and getting stalked and cornered in the room, and using their handphones to take pictures
-
erm...
-
and i stupidly gave one of them my msn contact
-
ok
-


Decmeber trip( i didnt go) kenneth comes back with souvenirs
ok...


Fastward to today
msn nickname of that thai girl
[c=63](M)*bgca      (@)(&)✞☺☻»-(¯`v´¯)-».....^(^(OO)^)^.......»-(¯`v´¯)-» L ٱ мع~ 한국어/조선어 -o- かほう♡♥
-
and the psm,in thai, even more fishy when i translated it
-


as tim put it nicely:
if I found out someone liked me:
1) I would be very happy if i liked the person back
2) I would be scared if i liked someone else
3) I would be okay(if neither of the cases above are true)
-
if its case 2 for me?
-


being freaked out..


of course there are other cases perhaps of case 3
-
I heard rumors in sec3 when I first joined GMC
-
Fabian:
"hey *some girl from my church* says you are ugly
"
-
I was like, erm, so what? i dont even know her that well
and I overheard
-
richie: " who is ******?"
Fabian:" some girl who likes emil"
-
you know if you didnt like the person at first, yet you wonder, you get confused whether its possible to like the person back
even tho you didnt like at first, or what?
-
of course things might get worst when you see the person being overtly friendly, or perhaps being too nice, presents, stuff like that
-
for that case, it was merely some rubbishly rumor , it was sort of resolved the next year at LDP
-
Fabian was again talking to richie:
Richie:" then how come they say she like him?"
Fabian:" because she kept talking about him.... blah blah blah"

-
we get back to case of the lover
-
somehow the lover would probally try to be nice to the other person, perhaps,giving lavish presents, and more.
-
I remember Glynn talking about his case about going all the way down to the girl's workplace to deliver brownies during her birthday
-
love desires to be shown, to want to make the person feel happy, in a hope that perhaps, one day, that love could be reciprocated,
-
even for the case of God's love for the His people, how He delivered them, how He called them back to Him, how He showed the Cross.
Looking at the book of Hosea in the bible, and you can see a demonstration of that, to show God's love
-
We love because He first loved Us (1 John 4:19 )
-
Love cannot be forced, because Love is a Choice
-
we can choose whether or not to love God
-
and thats all I shall write for this post... a sharing of my thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment