Sunday 23 August 2009

But the word of the Lord remains

looking beyond what you see now
-
to what He can do
and what He has promised to do, to give us a hope and future
-


So in a sense
being connected across 12 thousand kilometres isn’t that difficult
-
and friendships made might drift away
-
but if the Lord wills it
it will stay
-


I’ve behaved rather irrationally the past 2 days
since the morning of Friday
-
but I guess yeah... time to discard the old facades I tried to make up
or the thoughts I tried to force myself to think
-
I guess it is true then...


but I guess no matter how
-
words on a screen
even spoken words transmitted over electronic signals
or visual images over computers
-
nothing is the same as being physically present
and being able to smell, and touch
-


I guess in very much the same way
God doesn’t simply give us words from a bible
or audio visual miracle impacts like the works of his creation
-
He comes down and touches us
like the way Jesus touched the leper
-
because simply hearing or seeing is not enough for God to truly say He loves us

No comments:

Post a Comment