Wednesday 4 April 2007

ReligiousEmphasisWeek

It comes to the time of the year again... Holy week before Easter, and its 'religious emphasis week'
or REW in short
-
a bunch of us from FireAC sort of 'prepared' a message in the school pond by arranging white rocks to spell out "†GOD loves YOU"(the rocks initially had been used to advertise for some S.C. campaigning.) Ha Ha if you were wondering who the jokers were.
-
So "God Loves you", what does it mean...
-
Love itself is quite a issue on its own... ... see XL's post on love in his blog,
the limitations of the English language simply broadly generalised all the kinds of love(Agape, platonic love, sexual love, infatuations) in to 1 term itself... by itself is rather vague
-
the Bible tells us that God is Love(agape)(1 John 4:16), it also tells us that nothing can ever seperate us from God's love (Romans 8:38-39)
-
How does God show his love to us? By sending his son to die on the cross for our sins(
John 3:16)
-
lets link it back to the REW speaker's Glen's testimony
how did God show his love to him.
A rebellious child .... life was in a mess yet..... God still loved him, enough to see him through and bring him back to Himself. The light sentence he received, his marriage and other aspects of his life all seemed to flow in God's plan... ... surely that cant be a coincidence or sheer luck...
-
I believe its all part of God's plan...
-
Even for my life , I can see how God has worked in my life... coming to accept Him in p6 not really knowing what it meant... Him closing the door for y3/4 IP to allow me to grow stronger in my faith without the testing and doubt that comes with learning PoD(part of the curriculum dealing with theory of knowledge) and opening the door for me stay on and serve in the ministry of FireAC.
-
Besides that, also other things that He has done for me... the other time when my teacher(Shue) wanted to send me to Dr Ong(which would have meant an expulsion) he was busy in a meeting so basically just got a scolding from the bursar(read this post: The struggles of life (and a prayer))
-
I just need to trust him for the other problems I'm going through now... the whole XL & BGR Amanda thing... that really... well... sickening why cant I let go my emotions yet?

My God is mighty to save
Day1:
lead worship for FireAC on Monday.
sung a few songs including mighty to save and Oceans will part
Open my eyes to the work of your hand..... ...In my life Your will be done
Meaning every word i sing ....yet can i apply it in my life?
-
ended FireAC at 729 that day, which ultimately lead to us being late for assembly...
ended up singing the national anthem twice(lol)
-
Day2(today):
Sung mighty to save in the REW worship lead my Mr Wong Ping Loong
Everyone needs compassion, a love that never failing.... needs forgiveness, the kindness of a Savior
All of us truly need Him in our lives... or life would be purposeless
-
so take me as you find me all my fears and failures, fill my life again
let this be the prayer of many by the end of REW LORD .
-
Non christian ppl/groups to pray for:
Many of the Teachers(Chiam KC, V. Rao?, Ruma B.?)
Ng Song Yeong(Y5)
Shao Xiong(Y5)
Rodney Soh(Y4)
Levin Tan(Y4)
Scholars
-
let young(students) and not so young(teachers) return and or come to Jesus
Send your Fire LORD .

Random dumb stuff
Forgot to bring my guitar padlock to school today
ended up dragging my 2.7k Taylor guitar all around the classes
took out the guitar several times while waiting for teachers
random comments:
-
Quote(Michelle Y.)
Didn't know guitars had fine tuners
(Referring to the black ebony guitar pegs)
Lol... Yan Han then proceeded to pretend to twist the guitar pegs as if fine tuning the guitar and compared the other part to a violin(pick guard became the F-Hole, the base of the guitar became the chin rest...
-
Quote(Maye Y.)
Your guitar has a nice smell, smells like my violin
(the mahogany wood does have a nice smell no doubt)
seeing John Tay sniffing at my guitar after that was quite amusing...
-
S.C. elections campaign forum was a waste of time... sitting down there for 1+ hour listening to the same cliche statements
Random Quote
I have the passion so vote for me.
Vote for me so i will make your 2 years here more fun
-
Right.. i wont vote for you... I'm a mugger and I don't want fun... lol
Anyway Joshua Cao coming up and asking his ridiculous questions was the only thing that made it worth listening to.
-
thats all i can write for now, should go to sleep now...

No comments:

Post a Comment