Thursday 29 March 2007

What is Joy?

Philippians 4 :4-7
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
-
Galatians 5:22-23

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
-

Most people tend to mix 'happiness' with joy
-
According to the scripture above as well as numerous number of references, we are told to "Rejoice" always...
-
does it mean we are supposed to be 'happy' all the time???
-
obviously not
-
In a previous post I wrote about certain problems I was having, and I titled 'joy... personal'
Even tho I was kind of depressed when i wrote that post , I still had 'joy'
-
So what is Joy?
-
Personally for me Joy is not an outward shallow feeling that last for fleeting moments of highs such as happiness.
-
Joy is something deep within.... if you could imagine the range of human emotions as layers , like an onion , Joy should be the Core... as opposed to happiness which last for fleeting moments
-
We can have Joy, from the knowledge that through Jesus, we are Free because of what he has done for us
We can have Joy, from the assurance of salvation through Christ
We can have Joy, from the assurance that He loves us ,with unfailing love (Agape), And He has a Plan for us
We can have Joy, from the knowledge that He holds the whole world in his hands.


Even though I've been rather down and depressed lately... ...
-
Even to the extend of walking to the middle of the IB bridge during chem free period today while it was raining today and gazing at the background of the UWC....
-
Quote(Mary)
You owe me $6, better pay me before you commit suicide....
-
lol ... ... did i really look that depressed? I guess its kind of an emo thing to do to get oneself drenched by the rain , but it does make me feel better anyway,
-
-
... I still have Joy in my heart...

Life thus far:
found out that Alastair's prayer group dissolved... ... oh well... ... a direction is important for any group to succeed
-
Hopefully and by God's Grace , FireAC will fulfill its objective , to bring revival to ACS.
-
Let the Flame not die
-
Rekindle the fire again
-
-
Got a new math teacher but ... ended up worst than Tiong Gee, from a teacher who cannot teach but knows his stuff to a teacher who doesn't know her stuff and teaches too slowly..
on the bright side my math class is the same as Tim Lim's , so i can get help for math if necessary.
-
Had little sleep the last 2 days, on tuesday did the chem prac report over 5 hours until 4am before sleeping(, and finding out the next day that the teacher had extended the dateline >.<)
-
Wednesday had choir until 8 o clock O.o, when i reached home at 9 o clock i bathed, plonked onto the bed and slept till 3am before gething up to do my bio prac report.... didn't sleep after that
-

No comments:

Post a Comment