Sunday 22 April 2007

Drenched in the Rain

Soaked in the Rain..... today......
-
weather as a reflection of my mood and life this year
-
sunny one moment as I got onto the bus from Haborfront after a time of fellowship and food with a bunch of church friends(surprisingly we were talking about apologetics and theology instead of the usual rubbish today).
-
And the storm came, crashing down all around as I sat in the safety of the bus... napping and unaware of what was happening around me.
-
as I opened my eyes.... and saw the storm... rain and wind.... and heard the terrible clapping of the thunder...
-
And as I prayed for the storm the weather to get better.... it got worst instead....
-
Torrential rain, lightning, and thunder greeted me as I got off the bus.
-
And I got soaked as I made my way back home... from the bus stop.
-
Wouldn't it be similar to how life has been for me? All was well as the year began... before trouble was stirring and I was unaware... and ... exposed... and now... facing in the open... and the storm still gets heavier with additional trouble..
-
And for now my mood is like the weather too... sunny one moment... and rainy and stormy the next.
-
"Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani"
The cry of Jesus as He was crucified
My God, my God, Why have You forsaken me? (Ps 22:1)

Quote (Tim Lim's blog)
-
but it's not true. i'm just as weak as all of u. just the same. ... .... ....
......... i'm just as weak - if not weaker. all you guys have seen in me so far, is simply God's grace and mercy. nothing more. I'm nothing without Him. absolutely........
......
-
.....i need a firm foundation again. Jesus.

-
then again. not just me. all of us do

-
Amen to that...
-
I am nothing without Him.... whatever prayer thingys & worship in choir, and whatever bible knowledge etc.... 7/7 Qt checks ... ... nothing but filthy rags in front of Him...
Its By His Grace only... in my weakness that His power is made complete and perfect (Romans12:9)
-

-
(Lamentations 3:22-23 )
22The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases,
--his mercies never come to an end;

23they are new every morning;
--great is your faithfulness.(
NRSV)

No comments:

Post a Comment