Friday 26 April 2013

Musings

Studying through a whole load of stuff which I definitely remember covering before… from the Carter McGoldrick Family model and the psychology of intimate relationships.


Whenever I come across the chapter on intimate relationships, somehow I find really difficult not for my mind to wander off and start thinking of other things. It’s almost obsessive somehow, and I wonder…


The textbook tries its best to break down the complexity of such emotion into such ‘simple’ forms which don’t seem to convey the same depth of emotion as what is usually and really experienced. I remember mentioning about it last year to the CF freshmen after the camp regarding the stuff I studied before. Similarity, proximity, mere exposure… attachment styles and what not. Triangular theory, Rejection sensitivity… More stuff like that… seems like it’s simple and easy.


I feel like a retard, but I like to think about possible futures sometimes. Like a lot of what-ifs. And I’m scared of what you would think if you knew how much you mean to me… I’m scared you would be the same as everyone else, shun me and leave me alone after that…

No comments:

Post a Comment