Thursday 19 March 2009

Call to readiness

when God called Jonah to preach to Nineveh, he wasn’t ready...
but God called him all the same
-
when God called Jeremiah, he said this:
“ah Lord God! Truly I do not know how to speak, for I’m only a boy”
-
but God replied:
“Do not say, ‘I am only a boy’,
for you shall go to all to whom I send you,
and you shall speak whatever I command you.
Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver them”

(Jeremiah 1:6-8)
-

when I was called to serve the ministry of FireAC 2 years ago,
I was aware of the cost... but I was never ready per se...
-
God taught my many lessons over the past 2 years,
He broke me down, and build me up again...
which have changed me and made me a better person...
-

a certain Mr Ng said this before
“God equips the called, rather than call the equipped”
-
I guess I do know...
perhaps, I do know a lot of things have been there
that might so called ‘justify’ the “for the sake of the boys” reason
-
but God did say:
“if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old has gone, the new has come”(2 Cor 5:17)
-

I need to somehow truly detach myself away from the old stigmas that have always been associated with me... all my life
-
somehow it doesn’t seem right
-
why is it that people in church view me as being more responsible and mature; I never had to deal with old stigmas and circumstances when i joined a few years back.
-
while my peers in school do not?
-
my juniors might think otherwise; having known me at a much later date
but I still don’t know...
-

I guess it is because of the old ways
somehow maybe
in time to come
when I do finally shed all these
-
that is when,
everything I hoped before
will come to pass...
-
but if it doesn’t, it is still in God’s will

I wonder if you do realise
I really do take what you say to heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment