Sunday 9 December 2012

Camels and needles

Typing this some where in Korat province. We were stranded somewhere near the border of khon kaen because the bus broke down, so we had to switch buses. in the waiting time of 2 hours, we spent talking to each other. I had the opportunity to talk to Kien Ann, the BB thailand Director and Singaporean Missionary. He asked me a few questions about whether I felt convicted to do something beyond short terms mission over here




Felt really uncomfortable after that. I knew a few years ago I ever considered doing more in Thailand. But I left that aside a long time ago. Particularly after what happened to my sister, I didn’t think it was a good idea to think about it. I also remember a few youth camps ago, I was wondering if God was calling me to something beyond my current ministry in Christianity.


Pastor Issiah prophesied to me a few years ago that “God has a great destiny for me” - specifically. I dunno what prompted him to tell me that, but during the few times I bump into him, he reaffirms that. But I don’t know if its in the area of missions, or worship or both.




The Thai youths, children and teachers & Christian workers inspire me every time I talk to them (with my horrible thai) and find out more. Christianity in Singapore is so much more plastic and more about putting up a front. But over here, everything seems more real, the struggles they face, their uninhibited worship sessions…




I remember talking during CF camp about missions, and Thailand. And I guess what really got me interested was how you shared about missions to Thailand too… But it’s not important anyway




I wonder how much I’m willing to give up if it comes to this… But I also would like to do something related to my major too, working with the special needs community. Sigh…

No comments:

Post a Comment