Thursday 10 September 2009

the link...

you know for a number of days I woke feeling rather cheery and all that
getting out of bed was never an issue
even with lesser sleep... as I looked forward to the day ahead
-


but it’s a different matter when you go to the other extreme
-
if you wake up feeling sad and all that
you dread waking up
you wish to sleep to forget everything
-


hence the link between physical tiredness and emotional tiredness
the body’s responds to negative emotions by triggering a sudden need to sleep
-
I remember even in pri school
whenever i was disciplined by my mum (via the old fashion rod)
-
and ended up feeling very sad
I would lock myself in the room and cry myself to sleep
-
In IB, I ended up sleeping a lot
just to fight off the sadness arising from unrequited affections...


I guess in a way
that’s how God made it to be
-
because the sleep, rest is the way to heal us both physically and emotionally,
but ultimately we must always find our rest in Him...

No comments:

Post a Comment