Wednesday 14 July 2010

CD reviews

My ratings for the CDs I just bought over the week at TP .. haha

Passion: Awakening -> (4.3/5)
- Love the opening track(awakening - Chris Tomlin) which hasn't been released elsewhere...
- These songs really speak out the cry of a generation desperate for God.

tobyMac - Tonight -> (3.7/5)
- This being the first album from tobyMac I bought... so I’m not too familiar with his other albums
- The R&B style is cool, but not exactly to my taste...
- I like the track City On Our Knees though

MercyMe - The Generous Mr Lovewell -> (4.7/5)
- Lighthearted and catchy songs, done in a way that really lifts the spirit up (:

Hillsong -The Beautiful Exchange -> (4.1/5)
- On first hearing, it feels like a typical Hillsong album,
- Similar to the trend of the past few albums, largely guitar and effect synth/ pad driven..
- Closer hearing however allows me to appreciate the album more...
- Some of the lyrics are pretty meaningful too, esp. the title track (which is also extremely long - 10:43)

No comments:

Post a Comment