Thursday 24 October 2013

Sovereignty

With a weak view of God's sovereignty, we crumble easily when difficulties come. We need to remind ourselves that He is sovereign over the passage of history  over the history of nations, and over the history of individual lives. At the same time He is gracious and good, loving His people and offering grace to strengthen us and steel us in times of trouble...

We are called to stand and proclaim the gospel, because it is the great Truth which all the world needs to hear...

Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go.  Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.  Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
(Joshua 1: 7-9)

(Source: Brown L. (2010) Shining like Stars, p56)


Despite everything around me...
...I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God (Job 19:25-26)

No comments:

Post a Comment