Tuesday 6 August 2013

A pure heart

A pure heart, pure intentions… that’s what I long for…


The past slowly fades from existence, as a new school year approaches. The past fears and hurts, which I never want to haunt me again.

-

Somehow thankfully, it’s not exactly the same; and maybe that’s a good thing. Even as we came down to welcome the freshmen, as we hoped to inspire them, as seniors, we look back at the past few years of studying in NTU Psychology. It’s been a strange, bittersweet experience, with moments of euphoria, seasons of despair…

-

I remembered saying naively in year one to my group of close friends on how we could arrange to go for exchange together. I guess that has happened, just without me included. Funny how it all started with myself, linking 2 separate cliques of friends in the same tutorial group together… before somehow I got pushed out eventually…

-

Thankfully I’ve made other close friends along the way, in Hall, in CF… But sometimes I look back on that first year and wonder how everything changed; and we slowly drifted apart… even as I wonder who I would be studying together with this coming year, in which all the people I’m used to working with are gone…


No comments:

Post a Comment