Sunday 26 July 2009

Giftings

Throughout the past 3 years... as I served in various school ministries...
-
BB, FireAC, Choir,
-
I have been encouraged in various ways, after each of the many sessions of worship I lead in these sessions,
-
when someone comes up to me and says that God really touched them as I ministered to them through the songs
-


simply, I never really understood
-
how is it that God can use me, a vessel so unworthy, to minister to people through the worship songs
-
after all many times, I feel as if I’m simply going through the motions of ‘doing what I usually do’
-
seeking after God before starting out in worship
coming clean before Him
and inviting his presence into the midst of us
-


of course when i first started out
-
I never really have an idea what i was doing
after a number of lessons learnt along the way
I sort of understood what corporate worship encompasses
-


Today as I, for the first time, lead the children in the Sunday school(Gracestar) to sing songs while playing acoustic... Auntie Cynthia was leading them in prayer and actions
-
it was nothing particularly special... me as a vocalist and instrumentalist, with Yelin singing as well
-
but today was different... it wasn’t the same like the past few instances seeing the sian sian faces of the kids
-
it was as if they really wanted to worship God today...
-


perhaps worship, leading worship in particular
not just wielding a guitar or keyboard
-
perhaps that really is God’s gifting for me
and where He is calling me to...
-
I wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment