Sunday 10 June 2012

Random rant about politics in Singapore

Random rant(after reading some comments on FB regarding the HG by-elections):

example:
“If he(Desmond Choo) wins, democracy loses. If he loses, I hope PAP will be fair to him and let him go to another ward.”

Voting for PAP is not "a step backwards for democracy". Democracy simply means I have a right to choose WP, SDP, NSP, SPP, PAP and whatever government I want to have.

It's precisely because we have democracy, which is why 60% still can vote for PAP.

If not you(fanatical Opposition supporters) might as well stage a coup to overthrow the PAP for your deluded perception of democracy....


Update:
I posted this as a status, and some FB friends asked me if I was joking about SG having democracy. I don’t know what their idea of democracy is, but to me, they should take a look at countries like China, N Korea, Cuba etc.. to get a better perspective of what “ no democracy entails...

No comments:

Post a Comment