Friday 30 September 2011

JCRC Photoshoot

About a month ago I remember asking around friends about a good place to do a formal photoshoot…

“ADM”
“they want somewhere in town”
“Orchard Central rooftop”


and after I did a poll with the rest
-
Orchard Central rooftop was the majority


Original plan was to go there around twilight and make use of the ambient lighting to take the photos… however due to a poor decision by Johnnie(VP) to take 502 express bus - we ended up rather late… was a good thing I took cab rather than 502 the previous day to get back to hall after the PVS OG outing
-
so twilight was out… we headed to the rooftop anyway
-
I decided to use my strobe + light stand + flash reflector/diffuser + colour filters which I bought in case
-


on the way up to the roof level
-
Winfred(President) asked me:
“So where do you want us to take the photo?”
“I’m not sure, go up and see”
“You mean you never come here before????”
“Yeah, my friend recommended this place… sh...”
“You sure can or not?”
“I trust my friend okay… I trust my friend…”

-
When we arrived to the breathtaking view - no one really had anything to complain about -
OC is probably one of the tallest buildings in orchard with an accessible rooftop…


as our original plan for twilight photos came to naught… we had to use flash anyway
-
One of them remarked
“I don’t really like flash”
-
The photo shoot took the better part of the next 2 hours - but it definitely was fun playing around with the off camera flash lighting options… it is definitely possible to achieve very natural lighting with a combination of flash diffusers and colour blending from different directions - no need to worry so much about ‘flash effect
-
anyway, more work for me I guess having to process more photos
-
it was definitely fun while it lasted - more fun than sitting around the dark part of scape listening to off-tuned guitars...

No comments:

Post a Comment