Friday 8 April 2011

S-R-S cycle

sometimes, you wonder what if there is a limit of the mercy of God in our lives...
-
Why do we keep a cycle of Sin -> Repentance -> Sin?
-
Doesn't repentance involve turning away from sin?
Yet if sin is 'pleasurable' isn't it a natural thing, in human hedonistic tendencies to gravitate towards it?


if we are new creations in Christ, the old has gone and the new has come
-
“I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.” (Rom 7: 15)
-
So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!
(Romans 7: 21-25)



We cannot do anything by our own effort, our own strength
-
lest we keep falling into a cycle of sin
-
“Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,”(Rom 8:1)
-
In my heart I want to be a person who does the will of God, who does what is pleasing to God
-
yet so many times I fail...
-
yet Jesus said, for every Lash on his back, for the nails that pieced him
-
for every sin and wrongdoing I ever done
-
“Father, forgive them.... For they know not what they are doing...”

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:31 pm

    No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

    1 Corinthians 10:13

    xXdorcasXx

    ReplyDelete