Thursday 24 December 2009

snippets of many thoughts of Christmas

recently I’ve not been posting much here
-
well I could say it for a number of reasons. The main on being that I cant do justice to my thoughts in the form of a blog
-
and the second is that I cant say everything I would want to say here



-----------------------
nevertheless
-
on Christmas eve
-
again I pose this question
-
why do people only want to celebrate Xmas - leave Christ out of the picture
substitute the divine glory and wonder, and profound mystery of Christ
-
for the cheap, worthless myth of ‘Santa Claus’
We know Santa Claus is a nice figure, a supposed old man who spreads cheer and gladness and love during Christmas
-
But isn’t Christ so much better, and so much more real?
Christ is the expression of God’s incomparable, incomprehensible love.
-
Christ is the greatest Gift from God to mankind.
No number of santa presents or anything could have been greater as God’s gift to save the world from the reality of sin and hell. To make a way to heaven through the Gift of His son
-
Yet we see the gospel, the good news of Christ being substituted for a mere myth. Or simply just the less important things like shopping, trees, parties...
-
Like the expression of casting pearls to swine. We present the greatest story and gift to mankind, yet men, in their blind depraved state cannot understand , and simply fling Christ out of the window.

“Leave religion out of it” says man,
“Christ is irrelevant to Xmas of today. We just want to hear the ‘good stuff’, we want Santa, gifts, presents, shopping, partying, merrymaking, fun”
“but we don’t want Christ”
-
hence my utter disappointment with the whole 3AMB Christmas event, in which i was involved as the organising commitee.
-
I would have gladly forfeited any Off-in-lieu, even to the extend of sigining extras...
if only Christmas could be celebrated the way it was meant to be celebrated,
if only people heard and knew about how special Christ was to Christmas...



-----------------------
its even the same with easter
-
I remember during one of the dry run rehearsals, the emcee who did an intro about the 32FMD skit
-
“Now we would like to invite 32FMD up to stage, who will be giving us the topic of ‘Easter’”
bunny come on stage, bunny come off stage, end of skit”
-
we deny Christ for yet another myth



-----------------------

Another thing I guess is that this year I wont be giving specific presents/cards to people
-
for the very reason that I cant give one to people I would really want to give to because they’re special to me
-
sigh, I still miss you a lot...



-----------------------

and I guess finally I would like to do a bit of promotion for an upcoming event I’ll be involved in:

Undignified 2010 - a Worship event
-
-


No comments:

Post a Comment